- Faculty Of Life Sciences and Education
Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
Health and Care Professions Council Registered Psychologist.
Invited observer – Cross Party Group on Gambling Harm (Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament)
Chief Medical Officer / Minster for Mental Health Task and Finish Group on Gambling related harm (Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament)
Substance Misuse Treatment Framework for alcohol-related brain damage (ARBD) Project Board (Public Health Wales / Welsh Government)
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Substance Use Visit Journal Website.
Beat the Odds Steering Group.
Stage II Assessor, BPS qualification in Health Psychology
Psychologist Visitor with the Health and Care Professions Council
Non Executive Director of Pobl Group (2010-2017) (Pen-yr-Enfys; Solas-Cymru; Care and Support board).
2nd best drummer and top 3 bass player in legendary lecturers’ rock combo “Zimbando” Visit Zimbando’s Website and Rock! www.zimbando.co.uk
Addiction; Long-term psychological consequences of drug use; Health Psychology.
Current Research Activity:
ADDICTIONS RESEARCH GROUP (http://www.southwales.ac.uk/addictions-research)
Current Addictions Research Group projects are loosely grouped within 3 main research programmes. These reflect the progression, development and potential impact for the medium/longer term.
Diagnosis and treatment
• Prevalence of and diagnosis of Alcohol-Related Brain Damage
• Factors Predicting Relapse and Drop out from substance-related care and support services
Models of harm reduction
• Developing a public health model for reducing current and future gambling-related harm
• The use of apps as an intervention for problematic drinking.
• Factors that predict consumers’ alcoholic drink choices
Extreme sports and behavioural addiction
• Understanding Craving from a behavioural addiction perspective
• Sport as a conduit for rehabilitation of substance misusers
A list of my publications is available via PURE profile link:
Pure Profile Link