- Professor in Sustainable Chemistry
- Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science
- Athro mewn Cemeg Gynaliadwy
- Cyfadran Cyfrifiadureg, Peirianneg a Gwyddoniaeth
- (01443) 6 54527
Most Recent Publications
1. S. D. Thomas, R. C. da Costa, G. R. Owen, in Organometallic Chemistry, RSC series (Ed. N. J Patmore, P. I P Elliott), 2021, 43, (34 p.) “Transition Metal Complexes of Borane and Borohydride Ligand Architectures Containing a Single Tethering Supporting Unit” (in press). https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/ebook/978-1-78801-005-4
2. Y.-Y. Kuo, R. C. da Costa, H. A. Sparkes, M. F Haddow, G. R.Owen, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2020, in press. “Palladium and Platinum Complexes Containing Diphenyl‐2‐(3‐methyl)indolylphosphine”
3. R. L. McLaren, C. J. Laycock, D. J. Morgan, G. R. Owen, New J. Chem., 2020, in press. “Boronic Acids for Functionalisation of Commercial Multi-Layer Graphitic Material as an Alternative to Diazonium Salts”.
4. A. Iannetelli, R. C da Costa, A. J. Guwy, G. J. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen, Organometallics, 2020, 39, 1976-1988. “Transformation of a Norbornadiene Unit to Ethylenylcyclopentene Requiring Cooperation between Boron and Rhodium Centers”
5. G. R. Owen (Ed.) in Metal Complexes Containing Boron Based Ligands, MDPI, 2019, (110 p). https://www.mdpi.com/books/pdfview/book/1760
6. J. Goldsworthy, S. D. Thomas, G. J. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen,* Inorganics, 2019, 7, 93. “Adding to the Family of Copper Complexes Featuring Borohydride Ligands Based on 2-Mercaptopyridyl Units”.
7. R. Correa da Costa, B. W. Rawe, A. Iannetelli, G. J. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, A. J. Guwy, G. R. Owen.* Inorg. Chem., 2019, 58, 359-367. “Stopping Hydrogen Migration in its Tracks: The First Successful Synthesis of Group Ten Scorpionate Complexes Based on Azaindole Scaffolds”.
8. R. Correa Da Costa, B. W. Rawe, N. Tsoureas, M. F. Haddow, H. A. Sparkes, G. J. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen.* Dalton Trans., 2018, 47, 11047-11057. “Preparation and Reactivity of Rhodium and Iridium Complexes Containing a Methylborohydride Based Unit Supported by Two 7-Azaindolyl Heterocycles”.
9. A. Iannetelli, G. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen,* Organometallics. 2018, 37, 2177-2187. “Synthesis and Characterization of Platinum and Palladium Complexes Featuring a Rare Secondary Borane Pincer Motif”.
10. A. Iannetelli, G. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen,* Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 446. “Sequential migrations between boron and rhodium centres: A cooperative process between rhodium and a monosubstituted borohydride unit”.
Skills And Qualifications
- Synthetic Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Coordination Chemistry
- Homogeneous Catalysis
- Main Group Chemistry
Publications And Past Projects
- Development of Methodologies for Conversion of Carbon Dioxide into Value Commodity Chemicals via Transition Metal Mediated Proton Shuttle Mechanisms
- Upgraded value of coke oven by-products – deriving higher value chemicals from Coke Oven by-products and wastes
- Desulfurisation and Transformation of Sulfur Containing Compounds into Sulfate
- Development of New Graphene Based Materials
- Development of New Homogeneous Catalysts for Hydrogen Storage Applications
- Utilising Boron Containing Lewis Acid Functions as “Stores” for Hydride and Other Functional Groups, and it’s Impact on Catalytic Reactions
- Hydrogen Atom Storage Catalysts: New Reaction Pathways and Novel Synthetic Transformations