- Associate Professor (Research and Development)
- Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science
Most Recent Publications
1. S. D. Thomas, R. C. da Costa, G. R. Owen, in Organometallic Chemistry, RSC series (Ed. N. J Patmore, P. I P Elliott), 2021, 43, (34 p.) “Transition Metal Complexes of Borane and Borohydride Ligand Architectures Containing a Single Tethering Supporting Unit” (in press). https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/ebook/978-1-78801-005-4
2. Y.-Y. Kuo, R. C. da Costa, H. A. Sparkes, M. F Haddow, G. R.Owen, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2020, in press. “Palladium and Platinum Complexes Containing Diphenyl‐2‐(3‐methyl)indolylphosphine”
3. R. L. McLaren, C. J. Laycock, D. J. Morgan, G. R. Owen, New J. Chem., 2020, in press. “Boronic Acids for Functionalisation of Commercial Multi-Layer Graphitic Material as an Alternative to Diazonium Salts”.
4. A. Iannetelli, R. C da Costa, A. J. Guwy, G. J. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen, Organometallics, 2020, 39, 1976-1988. “Transformation of a Norbornadiene Unit to Ethylenylcyclopentene Requiring Cooperation between Boron and Rhodium Centers”
5. G. R. Owen (Ed.) in Metal Complexes Containing Boron Based Ligands, MDPI, 2019, (110 p). https://www.mdpi.com/books/pdfview/book/1760
6. J. Goldsworthy, S. D. Thomas, G. J. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen,* Inorganics, 2019, 7, 93. “Adding to the Family of Copper Complexes Featuring Borohydride Ligands Based on 2-Mercaptopyridyl Units”.
7. R. Correa da Costa, B. W. Rawe, A. Iannetelli, G. J. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, A. J. Guwy, G. R. Owen.* Inorg. Chem., 2019, 58, 359-367. “Stopping Hydrogen Migration in its Tracks: The First Successful Synthesis of Group Ten Scorpionate Complexes Based on Azaindole Scaffolds”.
8. R. Correa Da Costa, B. W. Rawe, N. Tsoureas, M. F. Haddow, H. A. Sparkes, G. J. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen.* Dalton Trans., 2018, 47, 11047-11057. “Preparation and Reactivity of Rhodium and Iridium Complexes Containing a Methylborohydride Based Unit Supported by Two 7-Azaindolyl Heterocycles”.
9. A. Iannetelli, G. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen,* Organometallics. 2018, 37, 2177-2187. “Synthesis and Characterization of Platinum and Palladium Complexes Featuring a Rare Secondary Borane Pincer Motif”.
10. A. Iannetelli, G. Tizzard, S. J. Coles, G. R. Owen,* Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 446. “Sequential migrations between boron and rhodium centres: A cooperative process between rhodium and a monosubstituted borohydride unit”.