- USW Exchange Manager
- Research and Business Development
Responsibilities include operational oversight of 2 business engagement hubs; project managing the delivery, monitoring, and reporting of multiple funding streams, providing business-start support, industry events and early-stage feasibility and scoping support to SMEs; stakeholder engagement with business intermediaries and local councils; work strand leadership for the USW Employer Engagement Taskforce.
Chris' background at the University of South Wales includes 5 years in Research and Business Engagement, as well as 7 years in Student Services: Disability and Wellbeing Team where he managed the Specialist Wellbeing Mentoring team, provided internal staff CPD and supported a caseload of students with mental health needs.
Chris is passionate about inclusion and diversity and is one of the university's "Fair Play 30 Diversity and Inclusion Champions", as well as an "LGBT Role Model", providing visibility and support to staff.
Until recently Chris was voluntary Chair of Home-Start in RCT and Merthyr, having led the organisation through a period of significant transition, merging 7 national Schemes into the new Home-Start Cymru to ensure sustainability for the future. Previously Chris has also volunteered his time and expertise to establish university Nightline services and has supported the Nightline Association and a voluntary Research Assistant and as National Mental Wellbeing in Higher Education Representative to Universities UK.
Skills And Qualifications
- BA (Hons), Business and Law
- Pg Dip. Education and Mental Health
- APM, Project Management
- ILM Leadership and Management
- PraxisAuril, Business Development Essentials
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce
- Outside of work Chris maintains his interest in wellbeing and suicide prevention by hosting regular talks and workshops for the local community on suicide awareness, prevention and intervention.
Publications And Past Projects
- Bellamy, K. Wright, C (2013). Enhancing Connected Peer Support Outside the Classroom. In European First Year Experience Conference 2013. University of Helsinki, May 2013. Helsinki: European First Year Experience. 45.
- Developing Entrepreneurial Women Programme (2020-2021) - Addressing the Rose Review to close gender-gap on female-founded businesses
- Joint Employer Engagement Task force (2021-Present)