- Professor - Psychology
- Faculty of Life Sciences and Education
Health and Care Professions Council Registered Psychologist.
Invited observer – Cross Party Group on Gambling Harm (Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament)
Chief Medical Officer / Minster for Mental Health Task and Finish Group on Gambling related harm (Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament)
Substance Misuse Treatment Framework for alcohol-related brain damage (ARBD) Project Board (Public Health Wales / Welsh Government)
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Substance Use
Editorial Board Member British Journal of Mental Health Nursing
Beat the Odds Steering Group.
Addiction; Screening and Brief Intervention; Health Psychology.
Current Research Activity:
ADDICTIONS RESEARCH GROUP (web page link)
Current Addictions Research Group projects are loosely grouped within 3 main research programmes. These reflect the progression, development and potential impact for the medium/longer term.
Diagnosis and treatment
• Prevalence of and diagnosis of Alcohol-Related Brain Damage
• Factors Predicting Relapse and Drop out from substance-related care and support services
Models of harm reduction
• Developing a Public Health model for reducing current and future gambling-related harm
• The use of apps as an intervention for problematic drinking.
• Factors that predict consumers’ alcoholic drink choices
• Understanding Craving from a behavioural addiction perspective
A list of my publications is available via PURE profile link:
Publications and PhD projects (PURE link)