- Faculty of Creative Industries
Dr. Atsede Woldie is a Professor of Banking and Finance
Teaching, mentoring coaching
Teaching has been my central remit. I have always endeavour to integrate research, programme development, supervision and training to ensure that each informs and enriches the other in a meaningful way. I am teaching both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. The modules I am teaching includes, banking, corporate finance, issues in finance and Islamic banking. These modules have all been developed by myself out of my research. Both in teaching and supervision of Master’s supervision live case studies from industries have been used consistently.
I am supervising Masters and PhD students. Currently I am supervising four PhD students two as Director of Studies. The PhD candidates and their topics are as follows:
1. AL-Marzouqi L, "Small Business Finance in Qatar"
2. Amalachukwu Anigbo "Bank Regulation in Nigeria"
3. Biruk Birhanu "Financial Structure in Africa"
4. Mohamed Kunde "Foreign Direct Investment in Africa"
Area of research includes• International Finance:
• Islamic Banking and Finance
• Banking in the third world countries
• Development Finance
• Finance in Development Countries